Friday, May 15, 2009

God Bless Those with Tender Ears!

I've accepted I won't get a decent night of sleep for years to come. Erik showed up in the middle of the night after crashing at 8pm. And he talked. and talked. and talked. So I was sleepy this morning, and would have loved to go back to sleep after dropping Owen off for Dirty Day at school. But no... i needed to pack to head for GA. i was aiming for a 1-2pm departure, but was wondering if the parents would be upset if i didn't head out til 5. grumble.
Our tivo is ready to bite the dust, so my dad suggested I bring it with me and take his back. So with the threat of losing all our recorded programs, Rock and I plopped down to watch the Lost finale. So sleepy. But we finished it, woohoo!
Got packed and ready to leave before 2, but stopped by Sonic for Owen's Friday after-school treat. and lunch. And he peed before we left, but by the time we were maybe 15 miles down the road, he had to pee again. Geez. Didn't feel like pulling off the side of 85 was safe, so made it to an exit, where we pulled into a gas station. And here's what a wacky thinker I am... I would rather he pee in a cup in the car than to drag both boys into a dirty public bathroom. so he pees in the cup. I feel like I can't just pour pee in the parking lot where we sit, so the cup goes in the cupholder. Don't worry, I'm not going to accidentally drink it! But while we're there, I get him in a pull-up in case he falls asleep or so we don't have to do this again. So we get back on 85 and head for the parents'.
I've never seen so much crap in the road! Owen thought it was a blast as I swerved to dodge tires and flower pots. Criminy! Then I end up behind somebody in the fast lane, who is the opposite of fast. Or rather, inconsistent with her speed. ARGH! So we could be tooling along at 75 and then be doing 50-something. WTH?! I think it's totally rude to pass on the right, so I toughed it out and she finally got over, at which point I got past her pronto. I usually fancy myself a savvy driver, but somehow managed NOT to get over in time for my exit. $*(&! Well, since I'm savvy, I just got off at the next exit and let my inner compass guide me. Worked just fine :) This was around 4pm, and I didn't feel like doing 285. Not sure my choice was any better. Oy. And I somehow got hooked up with a lady in a Honda with a handicap tag, not that there's anything wrong with that. But this hooch almost took me out not once, but TWICE!!! that's right, she was a lane changer, but not a looker! just a no-signal-i'm-coming-over-anyway hooch!! #$%^@!! I knew that cup of pee could come in handy. And between PMS and traffic, I was ready to use it! But instead, I "used my words". Just not good ones for the tender ears in the backseat. I apologized to them and told them I was sorry for using bad words and not to repeat any of them! And the words really ran the gamut. But surely they were preferable to assault via cup of pee, right?! I was seriously ready for a drink by the time I arrived at 5. Didn't have one, but man, sure coulda.

No comments: