Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Book Signing!

So today started out busy. Dropped Owen off at school then dropped Raven off at the groomer. Caught the odometer on the car at 70707.0! Coolio, right?! But still, I felt cranky as hell. And I had a girly day planned! What's the problemo?! Michele and I were going to a book signing by Jen Lancaster, how cool is that?! I'm a newbie reader of hers, and starting out of order with book #3, borrowed from Michele. I checked out Jen's blog to get some background info and found we were supposed to be in 80s attire! Eek! My options there were somewhat limited. So I opted for preppy attire so I could pop the collar of my shirt up : ) Thought I'd make up for the lack of costume in hair and makeup! I curled my bangs and teased 'em up and put on LOTS of makeup... eyeliner, blue eyeshadow, etc. So we arrived in Huntersville around 5 or 5:30 and got some tasty dinner at Brixx. Then headed back to Barnes and Noble around 6:30 to buy my book and get in line. We formed a line that snaked through the CDs, but once the star of the show arrived, we were herded in front of her for a reading and Q&A. The first 3 rows or so sat on the floor. That meant us. Enjoyable and funny, though after an hour on the floor, my back was killing me! At 8, it was time for the signing and the rows of sitters were "supposed" to stay in line somehow, but we all merged and ladies were bitching about the order we were in and how we weren't moving at all. Criminy, I was really hoping I'd left the whining at home!! BTW, big thanks to Rock, who took the day off work to stay with the boys while I went on this daytrip with Michele!



Here is my awesome pic with Jen! And man, my big hair and loads of makeup really don't look as outlandish as I thought they did at home. Geez, I just look like a 30-something mom and not a flashback to the 80s! I think this pic was taken before I told Jen that her book makes me choke as I lie in bed at night reading. Should really read funny stuff sitting upright!

And since I went before Michele, I didn't get a frontal shot of her chatting it up with Jen. Luckily one of the B&N gals got a good shot of them.

So that was our fun daytrip!! I'll save the new book for my June girl's beach trip, and in the meantime keep reading #3 at my slow pre-bedtime pace :-P

No comments: